Tuesday 1 October 2013

White whine in old bottles

Okay: In the role playing game known as The Real World, “Straight White Male” is the lowest difficulty setting there is.
John Scalzi

This is almost the perfect put-down to the white whine of "victimised" Ukippers / people who believe what they read in the Daily Heil. I say 'almost', because I suspect that the average 'kipper / Heil reader is probably too old to get a gaming reference. Which suggests, among other things, that Ukip's window of electoral opportunity may close quite soon, as one generation passeth away, and another generation cometh.

Or am I making a sweeping generalisation of my own, about the average age of gamers? If you know that there are far more grey gamers than I could possibly imagine, feel free to enlighten me (with citations).

0 comments: