Tuesday 27 June 2017

Freak accident

A story from the Independent as it just appeared on Google News:
"CCTV footage shows man get hit by bus in Reading then walking into the pub Video footage has shown a man get hit by a bus  -then immediately get up and calmly walk into a pub. Simon Smith, 53, was walking down Gun Street in Reading at the weekend, when a purple double-decker bus came careering around a corner and hit ..."
I'm no expert, but that looks less like a purple bus than a grey aircraft carrier to me. Mind you, if I'd just staggered into a pub in Reading after having been hit by an aircraft carrier, I'd have lied and claimed it was a bus, too. I wouldn't want them thinking I was too drunk to serve.

I guess the Royal Navy simply faked the CCTV footage later, to save themselves from having to admit to accidentally sending their most expensive warship to Reading after a bizarre Sat Nav error. And they'd have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids at Google.

0 comments: