Wednesday 17 April 2013

A suitable tribute

It is a new dawn, is it not? The dawn of the dead, the dawn of the day when our political overlords say their last goodbyes to our Greatest Ever Prime Minister™, the woman behind Mr Whippy (allegedly). But who's this tinkling round the corner? Hello, Mr Dippy! A great big Mr Dippy Triple Dip for me please! With extra crushed nuts and a Cadbury's flake on top!

Could there be any more fitting tribute to the late dole-queue queen? Although, once the funeral tributes have been made, it's traditional to lay the deceased to rest. So, if it's all the same with you George, can we finish the job and give the mortal remains of your Plan A the decent burial it so richly deserves?

In my dreams, I guess. Still, when other helpers fail and comforts flee, I find that a tasteless joke always helps to lighten the mood:
April 2013 - Thatcher dies

May 2013 - Hell privatised
Come, Friend of sinners, thus abide with me.

0 comments: