Wednesday 25 May 2016

I'll have what she's having

Most mornings, I like a cup of coffee. Even a cup of generic instant makes the world seem a bit brighter and brings things into focus. It's a modest improvement, but welcome. But if I really want the day to go with a swing, maybe I should trade up to real coffee, specifically the stuff being advertised here (after all, why would you not trust an advert as a reliable source of information?):
If you want a bit of pep in your cup, this is clearly the stuff to buy. The weird thing about this advert wasn't that it's full of foreigners being amusingly strange, but how familiar it all looked. The advertisement may be Lebanese but, to me, the kitsch, the costumes, the scenery, the look and feel seem quintessentially British. How so? Because all you need to do is change the soundtrack and the whole thing is pure pantomime - your local theatre does Aladdin. Never mind the coffee, lady - he's behind you!

Well, I'm impressed enough to consider changing my morning brew - or at the very least, donning a fez to add a bit more pizazz to my morning coffee ritual.

via

0 comments: