Thursday 14 June 2012

My big mouth

I will just try and give my vision, try and give little in-roads, try and get some of the big players who I know, try and use my big mouth, try and use my contacts, I’ll try and use everything ... So we either let the cameras in with me, or I go back on the train and some other town gets it.

Bloody Mary Portas, telling the people of Margate what they should do if they know what's good for them.

A Department for Communities and Local Government spokesman confirmed: “Our main aim in establishing the Portas Pilots is to trial the recommendations in Mary Portas’ High Street Review to Government and this is entirely independent of any television programmes that may be in the pipeline.
“We are clear that it is up to Portas Pilots themselves whether to take part in any programmes following their progress and that their status as Portas Pilots is absolutely not dependent on their participation in any show"

An official clarification, as reported in Kent News, today.

I'll bet she wishes she'd kept it shut. I'm no Machiavelli, but even I can work out that if you want to intimidate people, but keep the intimidation deniable, you don't make your threats in a public meeting.

0 comments: